Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
RecruitJam Un-Conference for Agency Recruiters
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM - Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM (WET)
New York, NY
Join us for RecruitJam Un-Conference
This event is exclusively for Agency recruiting professionals.
That’s right this is an UN-conference, not a conference. What’s an un-conference you say? Well what’s relevant is what an un-conference is not. Here’s what won’t be at this event:
1. People trying to sell you stuff. Especially people wearing cheesy polo shirts with logos on them.
4. Bad, stale coffee
5. Microphones and cheesy intro music for self-important speakers who talk about themselves on a stage.
6. Stadium-seating sit-and-listen style learning
Un-conferences are about the participants – that’s right, it’s about YOU... it’s about creating an experience that’s useful for you. About you meeting your peers and sharing your professional experiences so everyone can get better at what they do. In a way it’s a “attend-generated” event/meetup/mashup. About providing a forum for you to have engaging discussions on relevant topics… where you can share what you’ve learned and get input from other great practitioners on real issues that you have today.
Sounds great, right? So how does it work?
1. Everyone sits in a circle and discusses a topic. Think engaging, exciting conversation – not sit, listen and take notes. As we all know how recruiters are, each session has a moderator who tries (and usually fails) to keep the chaos in check.
2. You get to vote with your feet and choose your topics. At any given time there will be a few different sessions happening, so you can choose to go to the session most relevant for you.
3. We’ll try to keep the sessions to between 20-30 people each, so everyone can participate. First come, first serve.
When & Where
The NY Recruiting Meetup Network
This event is brought to you by the NY Recruiting Meetup Network and organized by Bob Wiener, Dana Mavica, Ernie Feiteira, Henning Seip.